Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Lower berth


I am sure most of you (who've travelled in sleeper class) would have experienced this.

I normally book my tickets online at irctc.co.in. I travel to Hyderabad quite often and the train from Mumbai to Hyderabad is around 10.00pm. Its an ideal time since you can have your dinner and sleep off and find yourself at the destination next day afternoon. Tadaaa.

Anyway, when I book my tickets, I normally go for the upper berth but during that one odd trips, I prefer the lower berth. So there I was last time I travelled, all armed with my ticket for berth number 60 in coach S2 (lower berth). In comes the old-lady and woman-with-kid. Whoosh! There goes my lower berth before I could say “gone”. Sigh.

I know this must have happened to you guys too. I don't remember the last time I actually slept in a nice lower berth peacefully, without being looked at imploringly by people who want to take it away from me.

For the record, my parents are old enough to be given the privilege of lower berth and I understand totally about being kind with your berth. But, just once can I please have my berth? Sigh. Ok ok. I will climb up…

No comments:

Post a Comment