Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Missing my mobile phone

My Mobile fell down (I am not to be blamed, all because of my slippery hands) damaging the display and the internal parts and thus started my Mobile tragedy week. I went to the nearest Nokia service center where the technician gave a serious look at me post the inspection(why cant this guy well buy a new phone??) and then announced – “This can be repaired but will take a week’s time”
Mobile Tragedy Week - It's been a week since my phone is hospitalized and now I just can not imagine how I lived before owning a mobile. Just can not live without it. I realize that my phone was something more than a phone for me... or the fact is that it never served the purpose of a phone, as I usually don't get or make many calls other than the ones from/to my near and dear ones.

1)    I lost all my contact numbers from the phone memory and can't recall any of the numbers other than my home and wife’s.

2)    My ears are so used to listening to reminders at least one in a day. The reminders alert me on a lot of events ranging from - the calls to my wife(post lunch at office),birthdays, anniversaries, meetings in office, paying bills online, my insurance premiums, the list is endless (and my family/close friends think I have a sharp memory).Without my mobile, I have already missed paying my credit card bill(a loss of memory leading to loss of money ,had to pay late fee too).

3)    I have lost all contact with my near and dear ones. My landline at home is suddenly happy as it is getting my attention now for making calls. I don’t even know how to open the STD lock on that landline(apart from it, the stupid wire gets so entangled that it is sickening to laboriously unwind and then again see it entangled in the next five minutes!!!)

4)     Have lost the pleasure of playing my favourite games in the morning (of course  in the loo)

5)    Missing the loving calls from my wife, at least four in a day... (to check if I reached office, had lunch, left office, what are you doing...etc)

6)    Narcissist that I am, miss taking my own snaps using the front camera and adoring the pics.

7)    I miss my Face book every minute(that’s the frequency I browse my face book)

8)    My car dashboard is missing my mobile(that’s where it rests while I am driving)

9)    My favourite songs that I repeatedly listen to, I miss them

10)  All the funny forwards that my friends send and receive is on HOLD and


last but not the least


Nothing in my hands to fall down:)


-Yes I drop my mobile from my hand very often and I blame that its covering is too smooth for gripping.

No comments:

Post a Comment